Best Mahatma Gandhi Quotes Of All Time. Mahatma Gandhi made India an independent nation without using any kind of nuclear weaponry, army, or even malice.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (2 October 1869 – 30 January 1948) was an Indian lawyer,anti-colonial nationalist, and political ethicist, who employed nonviolent resistance to lead the successful campaign for India’s independence from British Rule, and in turn, inspire movements for civil rights and freedom across the world.
There is so much to understand from the man who revealed the truth associated with simple residing and higher thinking.
Mahatma Gandhi, the man who has inspired millions to follow his example. And gently shake the world.
115 Best Mahatma Gandhi Quotes Of All Time
1. Our greatest ability as humans is not to change the world; but to change ourselves.
2. You may think your actions are meaningless and that they won’t help, but that is no excuse, you must still act.
3. If you’re going to be a bear, be a grizzly.
4. Fear of disease killed more men than disease itself.
5. You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
6. To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest.
7. Your action expresses your priorities.
The honorific Mahatma first applied to him in 1914 in South Africa, is now used throughout the world.Best Mahatma Gandhi Quotes Of All Time
8. Life is but an endless series of experiments.
9. Whenever you are confronted with an opponent. Conquer him with love.
10. Truth resides in every human heart, and one has to search for it there and to be guided by truth as one sees it. But no one has a right to coerce others to act according to his own view of truth.
11. One must become as humble as the dust before he can discover truth.
12. The good man is the friend of all living things.
13. I do feel that spiritual progress does demand at some stage that we should cease to kill our fellow creatures for the satisfaction of our bodily wants.
14. Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.
15. Man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep.
16. It’s not too late at all. You just don’t yet know what you are capable of.
17. You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
18. My uniform experience has convinced me that there is no other God than Truth.
19. I look only at the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself, I won’t presume to probe into the faults of others.
20. Love never claims, it ever gives.
21. Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them – a desire, a dream, a vision.
22. First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Best Mahatma Gandhi Quotes
Mahatama Gandhi was born and raised in a Hindu family in coastal Gujarat, western India, and after that, they trained in law at the Inner Temple, London. Mahatama Gandhi first employed nonviolent civil disobedience as an expatriate lawyer in South Africa, in the resident Indian community’s struggle for civil rights.
23. For me, the different religions are beautiful flowers from the same garden, or they are branches of the same majestic tree. Therefore, they are equally true, though being received and interpreted through human instruments equally imperfect.
24. Be the change you are trying to create.
25. Do not judge others. Be your own judge and you will be truly happy. If you will try to judge others, you are likely to burn your fingers.
26. No man loses his freedom except through his own weakness.
27. Seek not greater wealth, but simpler pleasure; not higher fortune, but deeper felicity.
28. Prayer from the heart can achieve what nothing else can in the world.
29. Nothing is so aggravating as calmness.
30. In a gentle way, you can shake the world.
After his return to India in 1915, he set about organizing peasants, farmers, and urban laborers to protest against excessive land-tax and discrimination.Best Mahatma Gandhi Quotes Of All Time
31. Let your life be your message.
32. My faith is brightest in the midst of impenetrable darkness.
33. Continue to grow and evolve.
34. Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory.
35. Everyone who wills can hear the inner voice. It is within everyone.
36. Where there is love there is light.
37. If patience is worth anything, it must endure to the end of time. And a living faith will last in the midst of the blackest storm.
38. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
39. Each one has to find his peace from within. And peace to be real must be unaffected by outside circumstances.
40. Find purpose. The means will follow.
41. The law of love could be best understood and learned through little children.
42. Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from indomitable will.
43. To lose patience is to lose the battle.
44. The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.
45. There are two days in the year that we can not do anything, yesterday and tomorrow.
46. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
47. Live simply so that others may simply live.
48. Those with the greatest awareness have the greatest nightmares.
49. What is true of the individual will be tomorrow true of the whole nation if individuals will but refuse to lose heart and hope.
50. Fearlessness is the first requisite of spirituality. Cowards can never be moral.
51. People say true friends must always hold hands, but true friends don’t need to hold hands because they know the other hand will always be there.
52. Every moment of your life is infinitely creative and the universe is endlessly bountiful. Just put forth a clear enough request and everything your heart desires must come to you.
53. Our ability to reach unity in diversity will be the beauty and the test of our civilization.
54. There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever.
55. It is better to allow our lives to speak for us than our words.
56. Love is the strongest force the world possesses and yet it is the humblest imaginable.
57. I am a man of peace. I believe in peace. But I do not want peace at any price.”
58. Man is a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.
59. A person who is worried about the outcome of his work does not see his goal; he sees only his opposition and the obstacles before him.
60. Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.
61. Relationships are based on four principles: respect, understanding, acceptance and appreciation.
62. It’s easy to stand with the crowd. It takes courage to stand alone.
63. Strength does not come from winning. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.
64. I believe that a man is the strongest soldier for daring to die unarmed.
65. To me I seem to be constantly growing. I must respond to varying conditions, yet remain changeless within.
66. I refuse to believe that the tendency of human nature is always downward.
67. There are many causes I would die for. There is not a single cause I would kill for.
68. I know, to banish anger altogether from one’s breast is a difficult task. It cannot be achieved through pure personal effort. It can be done only by God’s grace.
69. Prayer is the key of the morning and the bolt of the evening.
70. Self-respect knows no considerations.
71. See the good in people and help them.
72. You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.
Greatest Ever Best Mahatma Gandhi Quotes Of All Time
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.“Best Mahatma Gandhi Quotes Of All Time
73. Look at the sparrows; they do not know what they will do in the next moment. Let us live from moment to moment.
74. A small group of determined and like-minded people can change the course of history.
75. When you are right, you have no need to be angry. When you are wrong, you have no right to be angry.
76. Change yourself – you are in control.
Peace is the most powerful weapon of mankind.Best Mahatma Gandhi Quotes Of All Time
77. I learned from Hussain how to be wronged and be a winner, I learned from Hussain how to attain victory while being oppressed.
78. The greatness of a nation and it’s moral progress can be judged by the way it’s animals are treated.
79. People cannot hurt you without your permission.
Continue Reading Best Mahatma Gandhi Quotes Of All Time
80. Nothing has saddened me so much in life as the hardness of heart of educated people.
81. If we want to reach real peace in this world, we should start educating children.
82. Silence becomes cowardice when occasion demands speaking out the whole truth and acting accordingly.
83. My life is my message.
84. Compassion is a muscle that gets stronger with use.
85. A completely innocent man offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act.
“Love is the strongest force the world possesses.”Best Mahatma Gandhi Quotes Of All Time
86. You yourself as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection.
87. Knowledge gained through experience is far superior and many times more useful than bookish knowledge.
88. If you want to change the world, start with yourself.
89. The enemy is fear. We think it is hate but it is fear.
90. Those who know how to think need no teachers.
91. Full effort is full victory.
92. It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.
It does not require money, to live neat, clean and dignified.Best Mahatma Gandhi Quotes Of All Time
93. Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn.
94. Be the change you wish to see in the world.
95. Where there is love there is life.
96. When there is war, the poet lays down the lyre, the lawyer his law reports, the schoolboy his books.
97. Whenever you have truth it must be given with love, or the message and the messenger will be rejected.
98. The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.
99. Nothing is impossible for pure love.
100. There is no school equal to a decent home and no teacher equal to a virtuous parent.
More Best Mahatma Gandhi Quotes Of All Time For You, Continue Reading…
102. The real love is to love them that hate you, to love your neighbor even though you distrust him.
103. You can’t shake hands with a closed fist.
104. To forgive is not to forget. The merit lies in loving despite the vivid knowledge that one that must be loved is not a friend. There is no merit in loving an enemy when you forget him for a friend.
105. Truth is by nature self-evident. As soon as you remove the cobwebs of ignorance that surround it, it shines clear.
106. The future depends on what you do today.
Evergreen And Best Mahatma Gandhi Quotes
107. Every home is a university and the parents are the teachers.
108. Prayer is a confession of one’s own unworthiness and weakness.
109. I have been known as a crank, faddist, madman. Evidently the reputation is well deserved. For wherever I go, I draw to myself cranks, faddists, and madmen.
110. Faith is not something to grasp, it is a state to grow into.
111. God can never be realized by one who is not pure of heart.
112. There is goodness as well as greatness in simplicity, not in wealth.
113. I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
114. To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.
115. Speak only if it improves upon the silence.
Which are your favorite Best Mahatma Gandhi Quotes Of All Time? Would you like to add another one here? Please let us know in the comment section below!