This page is your one-stop destination for learning everything there is to know about AdSense, a complete google AdSense guide. You will learn the basics like creating an AdSense account & you will learn advanced tips on how to earn more from AdSense.
But, before digging into google AdSense guide, first, let’s start with the basics so that you have a complete picture.
What is Google AdSense?
AdSense is one of the best contextual advertising networks available for publishers, webmaster/website owners, Youtube Channel Owners & Content writers. It is an advertisement program started by Google. When you place Adsense Code on the website, Contextual ads appeared on your website/blog & publishers get paid when anyone clicks on these ads placed Ad Networks.
This advertisement Service by Google is designed to display targeted text, Video, or Image Advertisements on the publisher’s website pages & get paid when visitors click on those ads or view them. It is one of the most popular options to monetize your content. Please read more further to know more about Google AdSense.
What are the Steps to Google AdSense Approval Process?
Google AdSense approval process has been changed & it is super easy for new publishers. Here is the new account approval process. Here are the steps to do the same.
Ensure your website is compatible with AdSense, Complete Google AdSense guide:
Wait for one or two weeks to get final review & approval from Google AdSense/Ad network. AdSense team lets you know the status of your AdSense application.
Now, You can implement ads on your website. That’s all. You start making money.
Usually, it would take up to 48 hours to review your application. Your application approval is notified on your email-id. Meanwhile, the website would start showing ads on your blog. You will start making money. The Google AdSense approval process was simple.
What are the Requirements For Getting Approval of Google AdSense?
There are a few minimum pre-requisite requirements to get your Google AdSense account application approved. These must be meet by publishers before you can apply for Google AdSense.
To get approved for AdSense, your website should follow the webmaster quality guidelines.Complete Google AdSense Guide
Here are the pre-requisite requirements to get your Google AdSense account application approved.
- First, one needs to have a website/blog.
- You, Your website & all of its content must comply with AdSense policies & terms and conditions.
- The website or blog must be at least 6 months old.
- The applicant of AdSense must have 18 years old, else, apply using a parent or guardian name.
Please note, Google AdSense reserves the right to decline your Adsense application even if your application meets all the requirements of Adsense.
You may also like to read:
- How to Fix 10 Google Search Console Errors Easily
- Best Ways to Increase Blog Traffic 80% in 6 Months Free
- 4 Reasons Why Use Nofollow Links – Simple & Easy Facts
- WordPress Ping List for Fast Indexing Of New Posts
- How to Rank Without Backlinks to Easily Get 1 Million Page Views in 90 Days
Does the Blog of WordPress.com Allow to Add Google AdSense?
No. WordPress.com does not allow Google AdSense code to be added to your website. It allows only when you upgrade your plan to the business plan.
Google AdSense Vs Google AdWords
Advertisers widely use AdWords, whereas, on the other hand, Google AdSense is the most popularly used by Content Publishers.
AdWords enable anyone to advertise on Google.com. While AdSense allows the publishers to monetize their websites or blogs. All of this is for earning a valuable sum of money from the relevant AdWords ads. These ads are found to be displayed next to their content.
Google AdWords allows people to advertise on the publisher’s websites. It also includes those participating in the Google AdSense program.
Google AdSense allows publishers to show ads on their websites. It helps to make money from your website.
What are the Most Popular Ad Sizes of AdSense?
The most popular AdSense Ad sizes do not necessarily the best in terms of revenue & user experience. But, they often have the largest competition for advertisers to fill space.
AdSense AD-Sizes Description of Ad
- 336 x 280 Large Rectangle
- 300 x 250 Medium Rectangle
- 728 x 90 Leaderboard
- 300 x 600 Half Page
- 320 x 100 Large Mobile Banner
What are the Optimization Guidelines of Google AdSense?
Here are the optimization guidelines for Google Adsense if you wish to drive up ad competition for space on your website. The Google AdSense optimization best practices are, according to Google,
- Publishers excel to blend, complement, contrast ads &content on the webpage of the website.
- While customizing ad styles, use colors that already exist on the site. But don’t match backgrounds and borders. Choose colors that stand out against the background.
- Maximize your ad space with multiple ad units. There is exist a large inventory of ad types, styles, & sizes.
- Don’t Limit the selections to what you think works best. It is because it limits ad earnings & also impacts negatively for visitors.
- Consider more than what ad sizes advertisers are seeking to place most.
- Showing fewer ads can actually increase revenue.
- Display both text and image ads.
- Show certain visitors an image ad and others a text ad is an optimal way to approach the issue.
- Usually, text ads load faster. Best for certain users/devices, but not for others.
How to Add Google AdSense to Website?
To add the Google AdSense Ads on your website you need to do the following things.
- Go to Adsense Website
- Login to Google Adsense
- Go to Create Ads
- Create All types of ADs and Save code.
- Copy that code and paste it on the Website where you want to place those ads.
Read below for detailed views – Complete Google AdSense guide:
- Log in to your Google AdSense account.
- On the left side of the screen, click on the “Ads” tab, then the “Ad Units” tab, and then the “New Ad Unit” tab.
- Select the type of ad you want to create. (There are four options, but you’ll probably start with the basic text & display ads.)
- After you select your ad type, you’ll be able to name your ad examples: “main ad” or “in-context ad” and customize the size and style to better match your brand.
- Click the “Save and Get Code” button.
- That’s it. You’ve created your first ad.
What is the Process for Google AdSense Approval?
Here is the process for Google AdSense approval.
1. click on AdSense.com
2. Register for an AdSense account
3. Provide all the correct information about
- Your Name
- Website URL
4. log in to your AdSense account creates AdSense codes.
5. Place the AdSense codes in your website/blog sidebar.
6. Ads will shows as blank until the final approval process is done. It may usually take up to 2 weeks for approval. Make sure you don’t remove the ads.
7. After the final AdSense approval, you will get a confirmation email.
8. Once your AdSense earning reaches $10, AdSense will mail you a PIN to your address.
9. log in to your AdSense account, and enter the Pin once you receive it.
Congrats, you have completed all the steps of Google AdSense Login With Account Sign-Up. Further, As soon as your AdSense account reaches $100, Google will send you via wire transfer. For all AdSense payments, It is recommended you enable direct bank transfer for AdSense payments.
What Exactly are the Steps to Make a Google AdSense Account?
AdSense account approval process includes the following steps:
- SignUp Google AdSense
- Add AdSense code to your web blog.
- Wait while your account is reviewed & either accepted or rejected
Keep your website optimized by ensuring that it’s responsive, which means it works and functions for mobile devices. Using responsive ads is the best way to keep your AdSense words looking and working their best.Complete Google AdSense Guide
Further, it is important to ensure that your website is abiding by AdSense guidelines before applying them. Also, make sure to go through the terms and conditions pointed out on the signup web page to learn more.
What is the Very Best AdSense Ad Size?
We all know ad placement is usually a key factor. Other than that, It is discovered that the very best sizes are 336×280 and 300×250. These advertisements tend to fit on all screen sizes & also have the best pay rate as well.
What is the Very Best AdSense Placement?
Usually, It depends upon your layout of the theme. The aim is to get even more clicks. It means you want to put your advertisements in a far more prominent spot. It is discovered that advertisements within post content near the top of the screen tend to get many clicks from the audience.
While analyzing it further, always make sure that you don’t violate Google Adsense TOS. If you violate TOS, then your account may get banned from Google Adsense.
May I Click on my Own AdSense Ads?
It is highly advisable not to do this as Google’s algorithm is very smart and detect all invalid clicks made on your own advertisements. This can get you banned from the Google Adsense program.
What is Page RPM?
RPM is Income per Mille. It means income per thousand impressions (as 1k impressions). It is calculated by multiplying the total number of clicks & CostPer Click (CPC) and divide that by the total number of page views.
Some terminologies that are commonly used in Google AdSense are:
CPC: Cost Per Click — The amount that publishers get when visitors click on the Ads. It could be from 10 cents to $2 or even more.
Money earned =CPC X No. of Clicks/day
CTR: Click Through Rate — How many visitors click on those ads. If 100 people came to your site and only one of them clicks, then CTR is 1%, if 2 clicks, then CTR 3%, if 3 clicks, then 4%.
Views: Total number of impression blogger receives for his blog.
Visitors: How many people came to your blog.
What is Page RPM in Google AdSense?
Revenue Per Mille (RPM) means revenue per 1k impressions. It is calculated by multiplying the total number of clicks & price per click and divide it by the total number of page views.
Can I make Use of my Blogger or Youtube AdSense Accounts With WordPress?
Yes, you can do that by following the below steps.
- Go to your AdSense account.
- Under ‘My Ads,’ select the ‘Other Products’ option.
- You should click ‘Upgrade Now.’
- Fill up the application form.
Things You Must do Before Applying for Google Adsense?
The things you must do before applying for Google AdSense are:
- Always Write High-Quality Articles as Google loves High-quality articles beneficial for people.
- Create Privacy Page, About Us Page, Contact Us Page, for Your Website
- For Best Performance Optimize & Improve Website Design
- Use A Top Level Domain
- Remove any other Ad Networks.
- Unique & Fresh Content consumable by the audience
- Organic Traffic (Not mandatory)
When and How Does Google AdSense Pay Publishers?
Every month, Google AdSense calculates your prior month’s earnings and shows them on your “Transactions” page. If your profits match the mandatory threshold, in that case, your payment is prepared & released by the 21st of this month.
There are multiple payment methods available, including direct electronic transfer, wire transfer, check, Western Union, and other options.
Why my Application for Google AdSense Rejected?
Google Adsense rejects your application if your website doesn’t meet the AdSense program policies And/Or their terms & conditions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We would highly recommend you to read Google Adsense Policies. Google is very particular and can ban you anytime from using Google Adsense. Even if you had, say, $1200 in your account, it might be banned. So make sure you take the time to read the policies.
When Does AdSense Send Verification Pin?
Google sends a verification pin only when we make $10 and display it in our Adsense account. After that, Adsense sends PIN simply by velocity post or courier.
How to Verify Google AdSense Pin?
As soon as the publisher’s AdSense account reaches 10$ & displays it on the AdSense account, the Google Adsense team sends PIN either by speed post or courier with 30days.
What If I Don’t Get AdSense Pin?
Let’s assume; if you don’t get a PIN in the first attempt, you can apply it three times for PIN verification.
If Still, you don’t get a PIN on our mailing address, you fill-up the online form on your Adsense account and submit it to Adsense along with ID proof. Within 2-3days, your account to get verified online from Google Adsense.
Note: Depending on your location, you may be able to send Google an official document as proof of your address. If you’re eligible, you’ll see a notice on the homepage of your AdSense account with instructions on how to send your official document.
Can I Have More Than One Account of Google AdSense?
No, You can not. According to the Adsense Policies, only 1 account can be created by a publisher. It strictly means that one cannot create multiple accounts with the same name and/or information.
Of course, A new account can be created with your family information.
Can I Operate Multiple Adsense Accounts With the Same Laptop or Computer?
Yes, you can do this as long as all the accounts are different from one another.
More interesting topics for you:
- 13 Honest Reasons Why You Should Not Start a Blog
- Earn 10-50 Dollars Daily From Google AdSense With Easy Tips
- Optimize Backlinks Strategies With These Do’s and Don’ts
- 15 Best WordPress Tips To Boost Website Rankings
- Best Secrets to Make 50 Dollars a Day With Adsense
What Should be Maximum CTR be?
Usually, From 1% to 5% is a great CTR. However, It is also possible to get more than that. Once you get it, you should focus on making it a great CTR for youtube or blog pages.
When and How I Get AdSense Money?
Any publisher makes 100$ on a Google Adsense account; Adsense sends money via wire transfer.
For non-hosted accounts such as blogs/websites), They will update payment on the 1st of every month.
In the case of a hosted account such as YouTube, they will update your payment on every month’s 12th date.
Further, Google finalizes earnings & sends them to you on the 22nd of every month by wire transfer. Depending upon the bank, you will receive your payment as specified around 5 to 6 days of the time.
What are the Reasons to Suspend Google Adsense Account?
There can be n number of known reasons to either block or suspended Google Adsense account. The most typical one out of it is usually “invalid click.”
Make sure the content you are posting and publishing on your website or YouTube account is actually valuable. Your audience can tell right away if you’re creating content just for the sake of getting them to your website so that they’ll see an ad.Complete Google AdSense Guide
Therefore, always ensure that you follow Google Adsense terms & conditions & keep a tab on the policy changes. Else, you can get yourself a penalty/suspension from the Google Adsense program.
Google AdSense Pros and Cons
Still wondering if AdSense is right for your site? Weigh the pros and cons below, and then decide.
Pros of AdSense
- It’s free for publishers; Google takes a percentage of what advertisers pay to run their ads on your site.
- It’s user-friendly. Even if you aren’t especially tech-savvy, the AdSense system is simple and intuitive.
- It’s customizable. You get to choose your ad styles and sizes and where they’ll go on your site. You can even select the colors in the ad to match your site’s design.
- It’s scalable. With one account, you can place ads on multiple sites.
- It’s effective. Earning money with AdSense is easy, provided you have quality content and established traffic.
Cons of AdSense
- It can take a while to get paid since you must earn at least $100 before transferring your bank account earnings.
- Your control is limited. You have some influence over what kinds of ads run on your site, but Google has the final say, and they also determine how much you get paid per click.
- You’re stuck in with Google. As long as you’re using AdSense, you can’t run ads from any other network on your site.
- Your account is in Google’s hands. If they suspect click fraud or any other negative activity on your site, they can completely remove your ads or close your AdSense account.
FAQs About Complete Google AdSense Guide
How much does AdSense pay per 1000 views?
The short answer is- PER 1,000 views; as an example, you can make somewhere between $5 — $12 in Canada, depending on your niche. (Some niches are more profitable than others.)
Is AdSense still profitable?
AdSense is free and easy to set up, but it only works if you get the traffic that makes it profitable. So the true question is: can you still get high traffic on a blog or website to earn more with AdSense? The answer is yes – but very few people succeed at it.
What is difference between Google AdWords and AdSense?
AdWords allows businesses to bid for advertising space in the Google search results and on other Google-affiliated properties. AdSense allows publishers and website owners to sell ad space to businesses.
Wrapping Up: Complete Google AdSense Guide
While there are now several ways to make money online, like starting your own online store but monetizing your website with AdSense is a quick and easy way to start earning a profit from your content. If you’re running a blog with a large following, it won’t be long before AdSense starts paying off for you. But, be aware that not every internet user likes to see ads on the websites or videos they visit – especially if they’re large and overall in the way of the user experience.
You won’t earn money on ads, no matter how many you place, if your hard-earned readers or watchers turn away immediately. Monitor user reactions to your website’s ads and work to provide the best experience while still making a profit.