Some PDFs are encrypted with a password, which you’ll want to go into on every occasion you need to view the file. You can remove password from PDF document to save some of your time if you’re preserving the PDF in a secure place.
In this article, we are going to see how to remove password from pdf document. You might have come across a situation where you must submit the pay slips, bank statements, or other relevant documents. The problem comes when you try to open them. If it’s password-protected, it will be unprofessional to share the password-protected file specifying the password separately. So, how can you remove password from PDF document?
How to Remove Password From PDF Document on Mac
If you have a Mac and don’t want to use a browser to remove a password from a PDF document, you can try an alternative. Follow these steps:
Remove password from PDF on Mac in15 minutes
Download the PDF
Download the PDF file on your Mac.
Locate your file
Go to Finder > locate your file and double-click it to open it in Preview.
Enter the password
Enter the password to unlock the PDF document.
Export as PDF
Once your PDF file is unlocked, click on File > Export as PDF > enter the file name and set its destination > hit Save.
That’s all; the new PDF file you just saved will no longer require a password.
We all came across a situation like this at some stage in life. We thought it would be useful to share information with all of you about removing the password from a PDF document.
Let’s see how to remove password from pdf document, password-protected, and save it as a regular PDF file with Google Chrome.
You may also like to read:
- Easily Fix Message Blocked – Your Message To Gmail.Com Has Been Blocked – 5 Ways
- How To Install WhatsApp On PC And Fix Problems With Windows 10 Easily
- How To View – Mirror Phone Screen On PC For Free
- How To Get 50k Monthly Visitors To Your Blog
- How To Easily Open WebP Images In Windows 10 Solutions
Simple Method: Print to PDF Using Google Chrome
You don’t need any other special software to do this. Your Google Chrome browser is enough. Google Chrome browser has many features under its hood, and it is the most used browser among PC users and MAC users next to Mozilla Firefox. Google Chrome is used widely because of its fast performance compared to its competitors, but it offers us many extensions, apps, and flags. Let’s see how to remove password from pdf document with Google Chrome.
If you do not have a Google Chrome browser, You can download the standalone offline installer for Google Chrome from this link.How to Remove Password from PDF document
Now let’s see step by step how to remove password from pdf document with Google Chrome:
To remove password from PDF document, Google Chrome can also be used to open PDF files. First, open Google Chrome browser and take any password protected pdf file, now drag the password protected pdf file, and put it on Google Chrome browser.
Refer to the Below Gif
Now It will ask for the password to open, enter the password, and pdf will be opened, now you can see at the top right-hand side a few options will be listed, such as rotate, save and print.
Now click on the print option and new print window will be opened.
Make sure the “Save as PDF” file option is selected. If not, click on change and choose the “save as PDF” option from the options list.
See the picture below.
Now click on save, choose your desired location.
How To Remove Password From PDF Document On iPhone
- Download and install PDF Expert on your iPhone. From the main menu, open the Files folder and locate the PDF file you want to remove the password from.
- Please tap on the file to open it > enter the password to unlock the document > tap on the three-dots icon present in the top-right corner > select change password and tap remove the password.
- This will disable the password-protection on the PDF file, and the next time you try to open it, you won’t require to enter the password.
Remove Password From PDF Document on Andriod
- Install PDF Utilities from Google Play.
- Open the PDF utility app and then select the PDF file, which is password-protected.
- Once you selected the file, tap Start. You will get a pop-up that will ask you for the password of the PDF file.
- Enter the password and then tap OK.
- Then go to your file’s original destination, and you will see a new PDF file without password protection.
Remove Password From PDF Files With Unlock PDF
An easy-to-use online PDF password remover.
- Drag and drop your document in the PDF Password Remover.
- Confirm that you have the right to the file and click ‘Unlock PDF!’.
- The decryption process should start right away.
- Modify your PDF further, or click ‘Download File’ to save the unlocked PDF.
Interesting topics for you:
- How To Enable Mobile Data In Airplane Mode
- Best Website Builder Tools For Small Business And Online Store
- 13 Honest Reasons Why You Should Not Start A Blog
- 9 Best Secrets To Make 50 Dollars A Day With Adsense
- 15 Best WordPress Tips To Boost Website Rankings
Official Method: Little More Complicated
You can also do this the correct way with Adobe Acrobat Pro, a paid application. It is a different program from the free Adobe Acrobat Reader PDF viewer that most people have.
Use Adobe Acrobat Pro
Open the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Pro and provide its password to view it. Click the lock icon at the left side of the window and click “Permission Details.” You can also click File > Properties and click the “Security” tab.
Click the “Security Method” box, select “No Security,” and click “OK” to remove the password.
After that, Click File > Save to save your changes. You can also close the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC window, and you’ll be prompted to save your changes. Once you have, the password will be removed from the original PDF file.
Pro Tip: If you have any problem with Remove Password from PDF methods listed above, you can use this link to remove the password from PDF documents.
(FAQ) How To Remove Password From PDF Document
How to remove unknown password from pdf?
Passper for PDF Password Remover is a tool that will remove unknown passwords from any PDF file. Passper for PDF is a secure and professional software that you install into your operating system. It does not require an internet connection while removing the passwords, making it more reliable software than any other. It is a fantastic tool to recover “password for opening” and “password for modification” for encrypted PDF files.
How to unlock password-protected PDF without password?
To unlock & save protected PDF as unprotected, one can rely on PDF Unlocker Portable Tool. It is a feature-rich solution that can help the user remove restrictions and password security from PDF files. With this software, the user can unprotect the document having 128/256-bit encryption.
Can I open a password-protected PDF file without a password?
No, if you don’t know the password, then you can’t open a PDF document.
That is it, and this is how you remove password from pdf document in a simple way. If you know any other secure method than this, please feel free to share it in the comments section.