Sometimes, you want to see your Android smartphone’s screen on your PC. How do you do that? Many times, you have to view the phone screen on pc via USB in several YouTube videos. And you got surprised to see this; even we were surprised after watching a YouTube video.
But after knowing these smarter tricks of a view the phone screen on PC via USB without wi-fi, you can make your YouTube videos more interesting and show off in front of your friends.
Well, if you have a rooted smartphone, it’s easy. But if you haven’t rooted your device, there are still some simple ways to get your phone or tablet’s screen to show on your PC or Mac.
What is The Screen Mirroring?
Screen Mirroring is a method to share the Android screen with PC and the PC screen on Android.
There are plenty of reasons to do this. You might be a developer in the middle of coding and want to check your app without having to reach for your phone constantly. You might want to share your pictures on a big screen without uploading them. Or you might need to give a presentation quickly while the projector is connected to a PC.
And to mirror the Android screen to a PC, there are two ways one is wirelessly, and the other is by using USB. And in this article, we will discuss how you can share the Android screen with a PC as this way is more efficient than the wireless way.
Whatever is the reason you came here for the screen mirroring tutorial.
If so, then let’s get to the point.
There is much software available to share your phone’s screen with the computer, such as Mobizen, Air Droid, etc. However, those all require a WiFi connection.
Today, we introduce you software that lets you mirror your android phone screen to a PC without a WiFi connection.
The software is called Wondershare Mobile. (Download it from HERE)
Step 1: Download the software from the link provided above and install it on your PC.
Step 2: Connect your phone to your PC via USB Cable. (Make sure USB Debugging is Enabled)
Once the phone is connected, your phone’s screen will be showing on your computer.
Why share the Android screen with PC? Now, this question is also rising on your mind. Let us clear this doubt.
There are so many reasons why you should mirror your phone to a PC. Suppose you are an app developer who wants to check for code output in your phone. Also, you can show your pictures instantly on a big screen without uploading them.
Moreover, you use it while giving presentations. If you are a YouTuber then, you can use a computer mirror in your videos.
How to Enable USB Debugging Mode For Computer Mirror
Now, turning on the USB debugging option is one of the most crucial steps while using screen mirroring via USB. To enable the USB debugging in Android, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings of your Android.
- In the settings, click on System.
- Click on the About Phone option.
- Scroll down and tap on Build number/software version five times.
- Now, your phone’s Developer options are enabled to use.
To enable usb debugging on your phone.
- Again open your Settings.
- Go to System.
- Scroll down to find Developer Options on your Android phone.
Tick on the “Always allow” pop up to avoid repeated dealing with the permission.
Software Required to Mirror Phone to PC
There is a bunch of software in the market. But unfortunately, many of them are with a subscription to avail full features. But don’t worry, here is a list of some popular screen mirroring software.
How to View Phone Screen on PC With ApowerMirror
- Step 1: Download and Install the ApowerMirror app on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Step 2: Connect your Android phone with a USB cable and enable the debugging mode. Choose the ‘Always allow on this computer’ option. Tap Ok.
- Step 3: Download the ApowerMirror app from the Google Play Store.
- Step 4: Once installed, open the app. A notification pop up displaying the content will appear. Click on the ‘Start Now’ option.
- Step 5: You can now use the mouse or keyboard to control your phone.
How to Mirror Android Screen Using Scrcpy On MacOS
- Open Terminal.
- Enter the Homebrew command and press enter.
- Now, enter the command “brew cask install android-platform-tools” if you haven’t installed Android ADB tools on your macOS.
- To install Scrcpy, enter the command “brew install scrcpy” and wait for the installation to complete.
- Now, plug in your Android device using the USB cable and enter the command “scrcpy” in the Terminal.
Windows and Linux users can find steps to install the Android mirroring tool on Scrcpy’s Github page.
How to Mirror Your Screen With Phone’s Screen scrcpy
Once you download, double-click the scrcpy.exe file to run it. You’ll see an “Allow USB debugging?” confirmation on your phone first—you’ll have to agree to the message on your phone to allow it.
After you have, everything should work normally. Your Android phone’s screen will appear in a window on your desktop. Use your mouse and keyboard to control it.
Why Scrcpy is Better Software to Mirror Android on PC via USB?
Scrcpy is free software that shares android screen to pc for free without extra charges for premium access. You don’t have to install any application on your Android phone.
It is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux, too, so no tension about the OS. If you have any technical knowledge, you can also mirror the phone to pc wirelessly using a TCP/IP connection.
And the most important use is you can also control your Android phone through your computer mirror.
Getting Started With Mobizen Mirroring
Mobizen mirroring allows mobile devices to connect with PC via application or web browser.
Follow the steps below to get started.
- Download and install the Mobizen Mirroring PC application.
- Launch the PC application, select between USB or Wireless.
- Verify the device with 2-step verification (not applicable with USB connection)
- On the mobile device, press the “2-step verification” button.
- Enter the 6 digits code from the PC on the device’s keypad.
- Press START to continue with the connection.
Using a Free Wireless App AirMore
First download this free app called AirMore.
View phone screen on PC via USB without WIFi in 17 minutes.
It is not that much trending topic like rooting or customization, but there is a curiosity inside us about viewing the phone screen on PC via USB without WIFi.
- Open the app.
Open the app and tap Hotspot, and it will be activated. A hotspot name and password will be produced automatically. You can change it by yourself.
- Connect it.
Then connect your PC or Mac to the hotspot.
- Enter IP address in browser.
Enter the provided IP address into the browser on your computer.
- Accept on android.
Tap Accept when a dialog pops up on your Android. Then your phone will be linked to the computer.
- Click start now button.
Click the Reflector tab on the web. After that, tap START NOW, and your phone will be displayed on the computer screen.
How to Mirror Android Screen Via USB With Vysor
- Download the Vysor mirroring software for Windows/ Mac/ Linux/Chrome
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable
- Allow USB debugging prompt on your Android.
- Open Vysor Installer File on your PC
- The software will prompt a notification saying a “Vysor has detected a device.”
- Now, tap on view to start casting your device on your PC screen.
(FAQ) – Mirror Phone Screen On PC For Free
1. Download the scrcpy program on your computer.
2. Enable USB Debugging on your Android phone via Settings > Developer options.
3. Connect your PC with the phone via a USB cable.
4. Tap “Allow USB Debugging” on your phone
You don’t need a USB cable to mirror your Android phone to a PC. Scrcpy has a wireless solution, and you can connect your Android device and PC over the same Wi-Fi network.
No matter what the reason is, it is relatively easy to cast your Android screen to a PC regardless of whether your Android device is rooted or not.
Why is Screen Mirroring to PC Better via USB Than Wireless Connection?
As you know that wired connections are much more powerful and reliable than the wireless one. And it also impacts screen mirroring too.
While using a USB connection, you can also control your phone from the computer mirror itself. But not on the wireless connection. Moreover, there is a lot of noticeable lags on the wireless side.
And by mistake, if you switch off the phone for a few seconds, reconnecting it isn’t easy. Or you have to restart both your phone and computer’s software.
We hope this helps to solve your problems. If you have any issues, then ask us in the comments below.