Most Powerful Best Abraham Lincoln Quotes Of All Time.
Abraham Lincoln (February 12, 1809 – April 15, 1865) was an American statesman and lawyer who served as the 16th president of the United States from 1861 until his assassination in April 1865.
Lincoln led the nation through the American Civil War, its bloodiest war, and its greatest moral, constitutional, and political crisis. He preserved the Union, abolished slavery, strengthened the federal government, and modernized the U.S. economy.
Most Powerful Best Abraham Lincoln Quotes Of All Time
1. No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.
2. Human action can be modified to some extent, but human nature cannot be changed.
3. I will prepare and some day my chance will come.
4. Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be.
5. I laugh because I must not cry, that is all, that is all.
6. Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.
7. Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves.
8. I would rather be a little nobody, then to be a evil somebody.
9. If slavery is not wrong, nothing is wrong.
10. Those who look for the bad in people will surely find it.
Born in Kentucky, Lincoln grew up on the frontier in a low-income family. Self-educated, he became a lawyer, Whig Party leader, Illinois state legislator, and Congressman. In 1849, he left the government to resume his law practice, but angered by the success of Democrats in opening the prairie lands to slavery, reentered politics in 1854.Most Powerful Best Abraham Lincoln Quotes Of All Time
11. If there is anything that a man can do well, I say let him do it. Give him a chance.
12. Love is the chain to lock a child to its parent.
13. I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.
14. I don’t know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be.
Best Abraham Lincoln Quotes Of All Time
15. All I have learned, I learned from books.
16. Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment, nothing can fail. Without it, nothing can succeed.
17. In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
18. Whatever you are, be a good one.
19. If I am killed, I can die but once; but to live in constant dread of it, is to die over and over again.
He became a leader in the new Republican Party and gained national attention in 1858 for debating national Democratic leader Stephen A. Douglas in the 1858 Illinois Senate campaign. He then ran for President in 1860, sweeping the North and winning. Southern pro-slavery elements took his win as proof that the North was rejecting the constitutional rights of Southern states to practice slavery.Most Powerful Best Abraham Lincoln Quotes Of All Time
20. There are no bad pictures; that’s just how your face looks sometimes.
21. I would rather be a little nobody, then to be an evil somebody.
22. When I get ready to talk to people, I spend two-thirds of the time thinking about what they want to hear and one-third thinking about what I want to say.
23. Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
24. Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Greatest Abraham Lincoln Quotes
25. I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts.
26. You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry.
27. When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
28. I was born and have ever remained in the most humble walks of life.
29. You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
30. Get books, sit yourself down anywhere, and go to reading them yourself.
They began the process of seceding from the union. To secure its independence, the new Confederate States of America fired on Fort Sumter, one of the few U.S. forts in the South. Lincoln called up volunteers and militia to suppress the rebellion and restore the Union.
31. My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.
32. You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.
33. My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read.
Abraham Lincoln Quotes About Success
34. I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.
35. Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.
36. Stand with anybody that stands right, stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.
37. Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.
38. Books serve to show a man that those original thoughts of his aren’t very new at all.
39. Whenever I hear anyone arguing for slavery, I feel a strong impulse to see it tried on him personally.
40. I do the very best I know how, the very best I can, and I mean to keep on doing so until the end.
As the leader of the moderate faction of the Republican Party, Lincoln confronted Radical Republicans, who demanded harsher treatment of the South; War Democrats, who rallied a large faction of former opponents into his camp; anti-war Democrat, who despised him; and irreconcilable secessionists, who plotted his assassination.
41. Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
42. I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.
43. Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.
44. We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.
Powerful Best Abraham Lincoln Quotes
45. I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.
46. Everybody likes a compliment.
47. I hold that while man exists, it is his duty to improve not only his own condition but to assist in ameliorating mankind.
48. Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.
49. A friend is one who has the same enemies as you have.
50. A woman is the only thing I am afraid of that I know will not hurt me.
51. Every man’s happiness is his own responsibility.
52. Don’t worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition.
I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being.Most Powerful Best Abraham Lincoln Quotes Of All Time
53. Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.
54. If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?
55. The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who’ll get me a book I ain’t read.
Lincoln fought the factions by pitting them against each other, by carefully distributing political patronage, and by appealing to the American people.
Paragraphs Sources: Wikipedia
56. A capacity, and taste, for reading gives access to whatever has already been discovered by others.
57. I have talked with great men, and I do not see how they differ from others.
58. No matter how much cats fight, there always seem to be plenty of kittens.
59. How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Saying that a tail is a leg doesn’t make it a leg.
Abraham Lincoln Quotes
60. The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.
61. I’m a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn’t have the heart to let him down.
FACT: Lincoln kept his important documents inside of his hat.Most Powerful Best Abraham Lincoln Quotes Of All Time
62. The way for a young man to rise is to improve himself in every way he can, never suspecting that anybody wishes to hinder him.
63. He has a right to criticize, who has a heart to help.
64. You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was.
65. When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.
66. That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.
67. My concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God’s side, for God is always right.
68. Important principles may, and must, be inflexible.
69. Let not him who is houseless pull down the house of another, but let him work diligently and build one for himself, thus by example assuring that his own shall be safe from violence when built.
Some Golden Words Of Abraham Lincoln
70. No man is good enough to govern another man without the other’s consent.
71. I never had a policy; I have just tried to do my very best each and every day.
72. The best way to predict your future is to create it.
We hope this one of America’s most significant politicians, most respected and beloved personalities collection of Most Powerful Best Abraham Lincoln Quotes Of All Time, will help you to make your life better.
Thanks for reading, as well as please discuss your thoughts concerning this honorable man and his unusual words.