Maintaining any eCommerce platform is far more challenging than building up one. Have you ever considered how customer engagement affects your business and how to optimize WordPress eCommerce website conversions?
The conversion rate is everything for you once you start an online business. You cannot approach the customer physically; all your activities are restricted within certain boundaries to optimize WordPress eCommerce website conversations.
All you can do is improvise your business skill online to optimize WordPress eCommerce website. The customer only interacts with your website, so it needs to be efficient enough to serve its purpose. Apart from agile networking and functionalities, your customer should not get stuck to avail of your service, or if they do, you should be aware of it.
The growth of your business entirely depends on the conversion rate. You are left with no choice but to take up stern methods to generate more customers. It means more sales. The entire journey is quite feasible with WordPress.
This post will describe what eCommerce conversion rates are, why they are important, and how to optimize WordPress eCommerce website conversions. We will reveal secrets that’ll definitely help you track your WooCommerce site’s progress more simply.
Take a glance at the steps to increase and optimize the WordPress eCommerce website for conversations.
How to Calculate the eCommerce Conversion Rate?
You can calculate the eCommerce conversion rate by comparing the total number of site visitors with the number of people who purchase on your site.
A Quick Example: suppose in a day, 1000 visitors have visited your online store, and only 20 of them have made a purchase.
In this case, the conversion rate for purchase action or event will be (the number of visitors purchasing ÷ total number of visitors) * 100 = (20÷1000) * 100 = 2%.
Buying products is not the only metric to measure conversion rate. You can calculate the rate based on other metrics as well.
Write Detailed Product Descriptions
It doesn’t matter where you’re selling your products and what technology you’re using; you need a solid sales pitch. In e-commerce, you usually have a single web page to pitch a product, containing a few but important elements like your product images and description.
Here is an example of proper product description from Amazon:
That product description is your pitch. While usually brief, it’s your chance to drive home the value of the product. You’ll want to talk in the voice of your customer, mention the benefits and results most important to them, and make your product stand out among competitors.
Because the customer can’t see it in person, you also need to provide an accurate description of things like size specifications.
Online Chat Support
It is convenient for many users to text you when they face any difficulties to optimize WordPress eCommerce website conversations. Calling customer service may not be comfortable for many customers. Introduce online chat support at the landing page to guide your customers to reach you.
- Offer required assistance with real-time feedback.
- Integrate comprehensive WordPress tools like Drift and customize live chat experience.
- To engage casual visitors, create an automated message system on different pages.
- Switch to more focused chat support on the checkout page.
You may also like to read:
- Successful Internet Marketing Tips For Your Business
- Eliminate Render-Blocking Resources With Async And Defer
- 59 Best Website Builder Tools For Small Business And Online Store
- How To Make Firefox Faster With 13 Easy Tweaks For Speed
- How To Show Breadcrumbs In Google Search Results – 4 Easy Ways
Make Your WordPress Website Mobile-Friendly
Today, mobile and tablet browsing has overtaken the desktop. With so many people reading, shopping, and browsing the internet on their mobile devices if your WordPress website is not mobile-friendly, you could lose a lot of traffic.
Work on your website design and layout to make it mobile-friendly, and don’t forget to test it on many devices.
Input Trust Signals
Show your customers how credible your brand or service is to optimize WordPress eCommerce website conversions. It is skeptical for the new users to understand your brand value. Data breaches and errors keep the shoppers worried. As a result, they feel reluctant to make online payments.
- Help the customer to find your demonstration. Show them imagery and messaging with trusted customers to earn their confidence.
- You can display third-party options, SSL info, technical security, accreditations.
- Use tools like Google Optimize or WordPress plugins like Nelio to have secured payment.
A credible return policy and product value can help to convince your customers.
Optimize your navigation menu to minimize confusion and help your shoppers quickly find what they’re looking for. To do that, you should build a logical navigation structure. Create a diagram that categorizes your main and specific topics to guide the hierarchy of your information.
Try displaying the following as well:
- Search bar: Customers can type in the item they’re looking for.
- Visual search: Shoppers can upload photos of an item, and your site shows pictures of similar products from your store.
- Wishlist and cart icon: These let your customers go to their saved items more quickly.
Upon applying any navigation menu changes, monitor your performance with your business intelligence tools. By improving your navigation, you ease your visitors’ site browsing and shopping experience to optimize WordPress eCommerce website conversions.
Add Multiple Payment Option
You have to organize a wide range of payment methods to optimize WordPress eCommerce website conversions. Starting from e-wallet to UPI transactions, you must not exclude convenient payment options from your end. This way, you will open up scopes for a global audience.
- WordPress best goes with eCommerce to make localization easy.
- Without building different gateways, you can take help from plugins like Stripe’s official, PayPal, etc.
Allow Push Notifications
Use push notifications to grab the eyes of potential audiences to optimize WordPress eCommerce website conversions. With advanced technology, you can observe customer behavior. By integrating modern plugins, understanding customer’s activity has become more comfortable.
- Send Push notifications to the targeted audience.
- Use personalized, segmented push notifications, almost like social media ads and email marketing.
- It is proven that push notifications can earn a 10% more conversion rate.
- Choose multiple reasons and frame the content accordingly – cross-sell initiatives, seasonal promotion, customized cart campaigns, etc.
- Choose a content tone that may trigger the customer’s interest. The notification does not create digital clutter for the users so that you can try it out frequently.
Design an Impressive Homepage
Using impressive homepage designs is one of the evergreen marketing tips to increase your customers’ trust and optimize WordPress eCommerce website conversions.
Captivate your shoppers through eye-catching designs and elements, especially your header or the space above the fold.
Below is and sample homepage of Pretty Little Thing. It is an amazing website for women who love shopping for fashion. Shoppers can buy clothing, shoes, accessories, and beauty products all on a single site.
See the homepage sample of Adidas below, one of the most iconic websites on the internet today. They’re one of the best websites to buy athletic shoes and clothing.
They regularly collaborate with big brands to bring in the trendiest items you can find online.
Demonstrate Social Proof
If you are new in business and have not earned reasonable credibility, it’s time for you to put your foot down to earn a better status to optimize WordPress eCommerce website conversions. It is nearly impossible to entice your customer only with imagery. Use previous customer’s comments, likeliness about your brand.
- Customer testimonials, ratings, comparisons, reviews can convince visitors to shop with you.
- It requires a lot of patience to earn more credibility; however, you can efficiently trace the whole process through some technicalities.
- WordPress made it relatively easy to manage, add, and display your previous customers’ social poof left.
- Developers choose the instant theme with different built-in widgets or install testimonial plugins with modern stylization and format.
Integrate FAQs Section
Count how many nights you have spent drafting your business proposals? Think about how the developers have struggled hard with you to introduce a variety of features. You cannot expect the visitors to know all the features, functionalities, and the system to operate them. There is no point if the functions are left unexplored. So, guide them to optimize WordPress eCommerce website conversions.
- Create a FAQ page. Include the possible queries customers may have. And answer them clearly. WordPress eCommerce site displays the answers of FAQs with exact formatting.
- You cannot be so sure about it; you have cleared all their doubts. Leave room for your customers to ask you new queries. WordPress highlights and overcome roadblocks by creating a visible bridge between you and your customers.
Bring the Customers Back
Instead, targeting new customers, it is relatively easy to attract the ones who abandoned their carts. It can be frequent practice for individual customers. Either they are facing a particular problem, or they casually moved out. Try out finding the reason to optimize WordPress eCommerce website conversions.
- Send this particular customer push notification at the time they abandon their cart. Ask them if there is any problem while checking out. Suppose there is any, try to solve it out!
- You will find some of your customers never responding to your notification. Introduce some discounts for them. It might sound tricky to choose one out of so many visitors. Again with WordPress, customization is possible.
- This software can track the customer’s behavior and provide real-time responses. You can also use retargeting advertisements on social media platforms.
More interesting topics for you:
- Best Mobile Marketing Ideas To Enhance Your Business
- 89 High Domain Authority DoFollow Article Submission Sites
- Easy 2 Fix – Google Custom Search Engine Search Box Not Showing
- Complete Google AdSense Guide: Everything You Want To Know
- How To Get 50k Monthly Visitors To Your Blog – Easy Growth Tips
Don’t Compromise with Site Speed
A standard website loading time is less than two seconds; just a one-second delay of loading time can reduce a 7% conversion rate. I am sure you would not allow it to happen. So check how much loading time your eCommerce website has to optimize WordPress eCommerce website conversions.
- Redesigning the entire platform can take a reasonable amount of time, so play smart and take WordPress’s advantage.
- Increasing your website’s loading speed becomes comfortable with WordPress. Use plugins like Wp-Rocket; you are ready to optimize speed.
WordPress plugins come in handy to optimize WordPress eCommerce website conversions. It would be best if you rectified where you are lagging. Because you see, be it increasing the conversion rate or speeding up your website, this software has a solution for every reason. Sit with the developers and try to find out the customer’s behavior. Once you install WordPress, you don’t need to worry about your website, though monitoring is essential.
FAQs About Optimize WordPress eCommerce Website For Conversions
Is SEO important for eCommerce?
SEO is a critical necessity for e-commerce websites. Your products need to rank higher than your competitors, and they need to display the right way so potential customers can find the products they need in the SERPs and choose your site to click on.
What is ecommerce conversion rate?
Google defines e-commerce Conversion Rate as: “The ratio of transactions to sessions, expressed as a percentage. For example, a ratio of one transaction to every ten sessions would be expressed as an Ecommerce Conversion Rate of 10%”.
What causes low conversion rate?
One common reason for a low conversion rate is that people don’t like what they see when they land on your site or, even worse, they can’t find the information they need. Check conversion rate metrics, user flow, and bounce rate in your analytics software to see where the issue is.
Conclusion: Optimize WordPress eCommerce Website For Conversions
There are so many ways to optimize WordPress eCommerce website conversions. But you don’t need to apply all the things at a time. If you can implement some of your site’s major changes, it will reward you with a great return.
The overall shopping experience of your WordPress e-commerce site is also an important factor in converting customers. It needs to be well-designed, both aesthetically and technically, easy to navigate, and fast.
To really make things work, you need to build trust, have amazing customer service, and so many other elements mentioned in the article to optimize WordPress eCommerce website conversions. Making all the different parts work in the real world on your WordPress site can increase customers’ numbers coming through your online store.